iWeek is South Africa’s leading annual Internet industry conference, and has been held each year since 2001.
iWeek brings together all of South Africa’s major Internet organisations for a series of presentations, workshops, training programs and social events. The event partners for 2014 are:
- The Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA)
- The Wireless Access Providers’ Association (WAPA)
- The ZA Central Registry (ZACR)
- The ZA Domain Name Authority (ZADNA)
Each year, iWeek covers a number of topics of relevance to the South African Internet industry, including:
- Communications / Internet policy and regulation in South Africa
- Trends in fixed line and wireless Internet services
- Global Internet governance developments
- Domain name developments (globally and for .ZA)
- Internet exchange points
- Combating spam
- ISP best practices
- Internet industry trends
This year’s event adds a strong focus on training and workshops, with at least four different training sessions running in parallel to the plenary events for the duration of the conference. Training is targeted at technical and legal staff as well as business managers of Internet organisations. Please remember that space is limited so register promptly.